Until you use them, you don’t realise quite how fabulous good sewing pattern weights really are. Instead of pins, you use sewing pattern weights to hold down your pattern whilst you cut around it.
Whether you use scissors or especially a rotary cutter, once you realise that you do not have any need for pins when cutting your pattern pieces out, you can really speed up the bit we all dislike.
Perfectly weighted and beautiful to handle, they are heavy enough to hold the paper down but light enough to allow you to make quick and easy adjustments (like when you need to align your pattern to the fabric grain-line) without having to remove them.
You can choose from a set of 6 which are ideal for smaller patterns such as children’s clothes, or a set of 12 which are great for larger pattern pieces.
Featuring beautifully coloured designs, they will bring a touch of elegance to your sewing table. You can either treat yourself or they make a great gift for any friends or family who are sewing enthusiasts.
The Sew Retro set of sewing pattern weights features two exclusive hand drawn designs which merge sewing elements with retro tattoos.
Sewing Pattern Weights
- Available in sets of 6 (you will receive 3 of each design) or 12 (you will receive 6 of each design)
- Our sewing pattern weights have a diameter of 5cm and are approximately 1.5cm high.
- Each weight weighs approximately 35 grams.
- Preeminent transparent domes, made from clear, smooth glass.
- Each weight features a quality reproduced print of custom artwork on the base.
If you are still not convinced, by doing away with pins and using sewing pattern weights you can avoid:
- holes on your pattern pieces, meaning they will last longer.
- marring delicate fabrics.
- the bunching caused by pins and get a much more accurate cut line for your pattern.
- catching and blunting your rotary cutter or scissors on an ill positioned pin *wince*.
Wholesale is available for both online and brick and mortar shops, get in touch with us for a chat.